Everybody's busy these days--even hobos and Hollywood celebrities.
Here's some stories DBKP was going to comment on, but didn't--because we were too busy!
Just in case you missed them.
- The Best Quotes From Saul Alinsky’s “Rules For Radicals.”
John Hawkins, Right Wing News, read Rules for Radicals and distilled a bunch of good quotes from the book. Very good reading for those without the time to do the Full Alinsky.
Alinsky deeply impressed Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama has been nothing if not our community-organizer-in-chief. Both took the book and its lessons to heart.
The tenth rule of the ethics of rules and means is that you do what you can with what you have and clothe it in moral arguments. ...the essence of Lenin's speeches during this period was "They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet." And it was. -- P.36-37
However, on foreign policy, it is wished that both Hillary and Obama had substituted the quote below for their fabled "smart power."
The most unethical of all means is the non-use of any means. It is this species of man who so vehemently and militantly participated in that clasically idealistic debate at the old League of Nations on the ethical differences between defensive and offensive weapons. Their fears of action drive them to refuge in an ethics so divorced for the politics of life that it can apply only to angels, not men. -- P.26
- I Own the World has a two-fer:
First, they publish some contact info to let Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer know that she should keep up the good work. Support Jan Brewer
Buycott Arizona lists businesses based in Arizona so you can counter various and sundry liberal boycotts.
- American Spectator exposes the worms in the Obama administration apple and their eating out of the First Amendment through onerous regulations and sly additions to legislation: Shutting Down Free Speech.
First is the Federal Communication Commission's National Broadband Plan. There is an overabundance of big government programs contained in the plan for Americans to dislike. These range from having taxpayers fund broadband as a universal service to developing a process by which outside entities -- including the government -- can monitor how Americans use energy at home, just to name a few.
The NBP also proposes the FCC recapture nearly half of the radio spectrum used by today's 1,600 broadcast TV stations -- involuntarily, if need be -- and designate it for broadband services. The FCC identifies the swath of spectrum that is ideal for the latest wireless services as that which falls between 225 MHz and 3.7 GHz.
TV broadcasters occupy only five per cent of that spectrum with other actors -- including the government -- sitting on much larger chunks of spectrum, some of which lies fallow. Even Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg, whose company would likely be the single biggest beneficiary of the National Broadband Plan, found the FCC's "looming spectrum shortage" claims to not be credible.
You'd think the Left would mobilize to protect Free Speech. But they won't because they are making the rules attempting to muzzle opponents and they envision they will be in charge of allocating who gets to publish on the Internet.
- The Barack Obama-Vera Baker Presidential Cheating Scandal: Did the president cheat in 2004? Is the affair on-going? Who is Vera Baker? DBKP has the low-down on the scandal broken by the National Enquirer a few days ago.
* Vera Baker, Obama: 2008 Illegal Foreign Contributions Connection?
* Obama, Vera Baker Affair Rumors: Baker Returned to D.C. Nine Days after Obama Inauguration
* Obama, Vera Baker: Enquirer Stands by Presidential Cheating Story
* Vera Baker, Obama: Enquirer Revises Obama Cheating Story
* Vera Baker: Who is Vera Baker?
* Obama, Vera Baker: Enquirer Uncorks Presidential Cheating Scandal
- News Not Fit To Print. A short piece that's well worth reading that perfectly illustrates one reason the American media is not just biased, but corrupt. As if you needed another piece of evidence, but the story is good.
- Sarah Palin Is on a Roll. Crazy like a fox. The Left is terrified of this woman. As Don Surber says of Sarah Palin and Barack Obama, "She's living rent-free inside his head." (I believe Surber said he was paraphrasing Limbaugh.)
- Joe “dumb as” Dirt. HA! Funny picture of the Day.
- "Everybody Draw a POSITIVE Mohammed" Day. The People's Cube demonstrates it's not as hard as one might think.
- Everybody Draw Mohammed Day? . Maksim says, "Why wait until May 20? Let's get this party started!" And so he does!
- 2011: The Obama Coup Fails. The online game continues to grow and grow and.... Go to the site and cast a vote for DBKP on their top 40 most popular sites. Help us get back into the Top Ten! (Voting is near the bottom of the page, btw.)
- Interesting Beck piece: Glenn Beck – “How’s Your Security?”
- Ooops! Obama's real thoughts are popping up everywhere these days: President Obama: GOP Opposition to Stimulus 'Helped to Create the Tea-Baggers'
- For more headlines, check out these Right Bias offerings. Updated frequently for those on-the-go-go.
- Finally, a little TV time: DBKP's LBG had her revealing article on the Real Housewives of NJ tweeted by two of the people appearing on the show: Danielle Staub, The Naked Truth: An Illegitimate Sicilian Mob Princess Fathered by a Murdered Priest?
That's it and dang!--we're caught up almost!
by Mondo Frazier
image: DBKP file
Back to DBKP Front Page.