by Mondoreb & Little Baby Ginn
Everybody's favorite madman, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad certainly has his fans in the West. A look at The DailyKOS, The Huffington Post or practically any MSNBC show will reveal a soft spot in the heart of the drooling Left for the nuclear annihilation poster child.
Any comment about the lovable Holocaust denier is met by their blanket retort: "Bush is Evil!" Oh, sorry. Wrong retort. Okay...their blanket retort: "The U.S. is worse...or Evil...or something!"
Next time a gang member with a "HuffPo" tatoo starts telling you how harmless Ahmadinejad would be if only the U.S. used pogo sticks instead of cars and didn't need oil and it's all about oil and we're fighting for oil and anyway Bush is Evil and so Ahmadinejad wouldn't be pissed if we weren't in Iraq and he's never taken a hostage honest and...
Hand him these 10 Ahmadinejad quotes. There's 20 more compiled by Libby Purves at The Times Online.
1. "Israel must be wiped off the map … The establishment of a Zionist regime was a move by the world oppressor against the Islamic world . . . The skirmishes in the occupied land are part of the war of destiny. The outcome of hundreds of years of war will be defined in Palestinian land."
October 26, 2005
(In an address to 4,000 students at a program titled, 'The World Without Zionism')
NB The translation of this quote is debated and has also been read as "Israel must disappear from the page of history"
2. "The Zionist regime is an injustice and by its very nature a permanent threat. Whether you like it or not, the Zionist regime is heading toward annihilation. The Zionist regime is a rotten, dried tree that will be eliminated by one storm."
April 14, 2006
(In a speech at the opening of the "Support for the Palestinian Intifada" conference on April 14-16 hosted in Tehran)
3. "Today, they [Europeans] have created a myth in the name of Holocaust and consider it to be above God, religion and the prophets … This is our proposal: give a part of your own land in Europe, the United States, Canada or Alaska to them [Jews] so that the Jews can establish their country."
December 14, 2005
(Speaking to thousands of people in the Iranian city of Zahedan)
4. "The Zionist regime is the flag bearer of violation and occupation and this regime is the flag of Satan. …It is not unlikely that this regime be on the path to dissolution and deterioration when the philosophy behind its creation and survival is invalid."
August 18, 2007
(Address to an international religious conference in Tehran)
5. "A new Middle East will prevail without the existence of Israel."
August 4, 2006
(as quoted by Malaysian news agency Bernama website)
6. "In parallel to the official political war there is a hidden war going on and the Islamic states should benefit from their economic potential to cut off the hands of the enemies."
7. "Some European countries insist on saying that Hitler killed millions of innocent Jews in furnaces.... Although we don't accept this claim, if we suppose it is true, our question for the Europeans is: Is the killing of innocent Jewish people by Hitler the reason for their support to the occupiers of Jerusalem? If the Europeans are honest they should give some of their provinces in Europe -- like in Germany, Austria or other countries -- to the Zionists and the Zionists can establish their state in Europe."
December 8, 2005
(While speaking to journalists at an Islamic summit in Mecca)
8. "The Zionists are the true manifestation of Satan . . . Many Western governments that claim to be pioneers of democracy and standard bearers of human rights close their eyes over crimes committed by the Zionists and by remaining silent support the Zionists due to their hedonistic and materialistic tendencies."
February 28, 2007
(to a meeting of Sudanese Islamic scholars in Khartoum)
9. "Thanks to people's wishes and God's will the trend for the existence of the Zionist regime is downwards and this is what God has promised and what all nations want…Just as the Soviet Union was wiped out and today does not exist, so will the Zionist regime soon be wiped out"
December 12, 2006
(Comments to Iran's Holocaust Conference)
10. "Though the enemy had made preparations for not allowing Iran (president) to make his voice heard, but, they could not succeed and thanks to grace of God the world people heard our voice."
September 30, 2007
The best of the rest include this gem, at #23: "We don't shy away from declaring that Islam is ready to rule the world." Just another case of 'would-be nuclear bombers say the darnest things!' Just another Lefty Sweetheart, misunderstood and attacked by knuckle-dragging conservatives. The Amalgamated Apoplectic Apologists for Ahmadinejad are right when they say Mahmoud is misunderstood.
They don't have a clue.
Like this story? VOTE FOR IT ON TAGSUM!
DBKP.com - Bigger, Better!.
Death by 1000 Papercuts Front Page.