Innovative fund-raising ideas such as the Ron Paul “Money Bomb” and “Boston Tea Party” have catapulted the campaign into the top tier of fund-raising in the last several months. And, these ideas have raised their money from ordinary citizens, rather than PACs and bundled contributions.
The average donation to the Paul campaign during one recent fund-raising effort amounted to $50–a far cry from campaigns which have depended on fewer contributors donating the maximum allowed $2300 a piece.
The campaign’s latest new idea is the use of a blimp to help combat the biggest problem Paul supporters have: national name recognition.
As with any new idea, as soon as it becomes well-known, it spurs additional new ideas in the form of parody.
The video below prompted many comments such as the following:
” I’m a Ron Paul supporter…
But that was freaking funny LmAO”
“I thought it was funny too. Seriously though, I am in Iowa working my ass off to get people to come out and caucus for him.”
” I’m voting for RP, and thought this was friggin hilarious.”
The horror! The humanity! The parody!
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share ThisHere at DBKP we love parody, especially great parody. The homegrown grassroots kind of parody. From our Ace Graphics Go-To Guy, RAPH, a instant classic of classic parody.
par·o·dy [par-uh-dee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, plural -dies, verb, -died, -dy·ing.
1. a humorous or satirical imitation of a serious piece of literature or writing: his hilarious parody of Hamlet's soliloquy.
2. the genre of literary composition represented by such imitations.
3. a burlesque imitation of a musical composition.
4. any humorous, satirical, or burlesque imitation, as of a person, event, etc.
5. the use in the 16th century of borrowed material in a musical setting of the Mass (parody Mass). Source - Dictionary.com
Bloody brilliant! We're still laughing!
Source - Egrow - The Ron Paul Blimp Explodes!
Source - DBKP - 2008 Candidates Square Off in Thrilling Aerial Battle in the Skies Above Iowa
Images [Rides A Pale Horse]
DBKP.com - Bigger, Better!.
Death by 1000 Papercuts Front Page