Sunday, March 30, 2008

Obama: Did He Throw His White Grandmother Under the Bus?




When Barack Obama compared his white grandmother to his minister did he throw his grandmother under the bus?

"I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother — a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed her by on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe. Barack Obama on his minister, the Reverend Jeremiah Wright

An article in the Honolulu Advertiser told a different tale of Barack Obama's grandmother, not as the closet racist as he described her, but as a woman who worked hard, rose in her profession and helped raise Obama, but treated people with the utmost respect.

Several current and former associates of Obama's grandmother said they were "stunned" by Obama's remarks about his grandmother.
I was real surprised that he indicated that," said Dennis Ching, who was a 23-year-old management trainee under Dunham beginning in 1966. "I never heard her say anything like that. I never heard her say anything negative about anything. And she never swore."
Obama's grandmother worked hard in her profession eventually becoming the Bank of Hawaii's first woman Vice-President in 1970.

Obama with his Grandfather and Grandmother, Stanley and Madelyn Dunham

Read Obama: Did He Throw His White Grandmother Under the Bus at DBKP.com

DBKP.com - Bigger, Better!.
Death by 1000 Papercuts Front Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your name/nic.
We've changed the comments section to allow non-registered users to comment.
We'll continue like that until it's being abused.
We reserve the right to delete all abusive or otherwise inappropriate comments.