Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Celebrity Quotes: Sharon Stone Speaks


Stone relaxing during the Cannes Film Festival

We've put together quotes by the 'fabulous' actress Sharon Stone. The 50-year-old Stone is known for "speaking her mind" on a variety of subjects so we took the time and gathered up some that give some insight into the "mind of Sharon Stone".


After an estimated 60,000 plus died May 12 in the earthquake in central China, thousands of them innocent little children, and hundreds of thousands more injured and displaced, Ms. Stone mulled over what may have been the cause of the massive killer quake: Karma.

"I've been concerned about how should we deal with the Olympics, because they are not being nice to the Dalai Lama, who is a good friend of mine," she said.

"And then all this earthquake and all this stuff happened, and I thought, is that karma -- when you're not nice that the bad things happen to you?"


Needless to say the Chinese were not amused. The head of UME Cineplex chain in China, Ng See-Yuen, said that no films of Stone's will ever be shown on the mainland or in Hong Kong.

"I heard the babies crying when I drove by the hospital and I started crying, too."
Stone as auctioneer at the AmFar Aids Charity Auction in Cannes last week describing a time she was in Israel in a chauffeured car and heard AIDS afflicted babies crying from behind hospital walls.

"Come on, now, you spend more on crack." Stone to P. Diddy at the Cannes AmFar Benefit.

“If you have a vagina and an attitude in this town, then that's a lethal combination.”
“When I'm with my friends' teenage children, I always say, 'Are your friends having sex yet?”
“Our world has changed and our children are in danger. I choose to surrender my right to bear arms in exchange for the peace of mind of doing the right thing.”
"Shhh... shh.. shhh... if you talk you bid, you move you bid, you look at me wrong you bid. You got it? You naughty little Germans... you naughty nasty little Germans..." Stone emceeing the Cinema For Peace Gala in Berlon 2007

"I carry condoms in my purse, even though I haven't had sex in a long time. I'm hoping for luck! And I carry them so I can give them to other people who might want or need them, or who might want to have a conversation."---Stone quoted in Hollywood Life, March/April 2006.
"Words matter. And the courage and intention with which you stand behind behind your words matters. Gay, straight, faggot, dyke, daughter, sister, mother, lover, friend... it matters. It matters what you say or who you say it to." Stone at the 2007 Lifeball in Vienna


Woman might be able to fake orgasms. But man can fake whole relationships.
By LBG
Source - AFP - Sharon Stone quake comment spark anger in China
Image - Daily Mail
Source - New York Post - Stone Raises AIDS $$$ and IRE
Source - Think Exist Quotes
Source - Inbaseline
Source - Youtube
Source - Youtube - Lifeball

Death by 1000 Papercuts Front Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your name/nic.
We've changed the comments section to allow non-registered users to comment.
We'll continue like that until it's being abused.
We reserve the right to delete all abusive or otherwise inappropriate comments.