What do all the flags mean you see at a NASCAR race?
Most hard-core fans know, but even the most rabid NASCAR fans may not know every single flag's meaning. Do you know them all?
* Start the race, or Re-start after a caution period.
* Drive with caution and drivers maintain position.
...or this might happen, which will lead to the
* Stop! The race is halted for unsafe condition.
If your driver was reckless and caused the red, he might get the
You're Outta here!
* Go immediately to the pit area.
BLUE with ORANGE diagonal stripe:
* Car attempting to pass. Move to the outside.
[seen below with the green]
One lap left!
* Beginning of the last lap, or service vehicle on track.
And finally, if you are leading when you cross the finish line of the final lap:
* The race has been completed.
If you win the checkered, it used to mean scenes like this:
Nowadays, it usually means something like this:
Did you know all of them?
[NOTE: Crossed flags mean the halfway point in the race has been reached. And that's a big hat tip reminder to Dr. Bob!]
* 45 - Big Muskie: The Biggest Machine to Ever Walk the Earth
* 44 - Hell's Belles: All-Female AC/DC Tribute Band
* 43 - Machine Gun Shoot at Cheyenne Wells, CO!
* Pixelaneous #41:
Ouch! Some Painful Moments
Source: NASCAR flags
* American Chronicle
* sports illustrated
* uncle meat