December 2 2008
* Senator Slick Willie?
* TIME's Tool
* Mumbai's Message
* Pentagon's Robot Soldiers
* Jihad against Civilization
A WORLD OF NEWS
- OBAMA's ELECTION HASN'T ENDED TERRORISM?
File this one under “Deluded Expectations.” During MSNBC’s coverage of the terrorist attacks in Mumbai, India, on Thursday, daytime anchor Alex Witt seemed frustrated that the election of Barack Obama 23 days earlier — and the accompanying “global outpouring of affection, respect, hope” — had not caused an end to terrorist violence.
We'd say: file this under the heading, "Some Obama Supporters Aren't Very Well Informed--or Anchored in Reality: MSNBC Anchor Frets: Why Hasn’t Obama’s Election Ended Terrorism?.
From MSNBC's Alex Witt Amazed There Are Still Terrorists Even After Obama Won: "Congratulations, Alex. You're starting to figure out the future you've helped make for us by hyping the clueless and unqualified Obambi all the way into the White House."
- WTF?!?: Bill Clinton mentioned for wife's Senate seat. "Senator Slick Willie" does have a certain ring to it.
- Al Franken still isn't funny: Minnesota Recount: Franken’s Sore Loser Strategy. If Franken doesn't get enough votes, it's off to the courts--or even the Senate! Both are funny places.
- Al-Qaida: Making some lists and checking them twice...
"In Washington, analysts in the law enforcement and intelligence communities will be putting together "after incident reports" on Mumbai. So too will terrorists in Islamabad, Kabul and Gaza."
Mumbai: A Message for America
- One item of disagreement with the above story is the following:
If you think about what ten terrorists in Mumbai were able to accomplish with automatic weapons, grenades, and bombs against the Indian special forces and military, you realize that a similar attack against modestly-armed American police with a few special weapons teams would create even greater havoc. Certainly, the military would be mobilized in response, but all of that takes time, especially in our multi-layered federal system with its historic emphasis on local control. In the initial hours of an attack, the terrorists would vastly out-gun the police. The police would hardly be able to contain the situation let alone bring it to denouement.
We're not sure where the author, Abraham H. Miller, lives; but apparently he is unaware of the increasing militarization of America's small-town police forces. Undertaken in the name of "not wanting to be out-gunned by the bad guys", police throughout the country are using assault tactics and weapons to carry out routine duties. It's not only scary, it's a waste of money. Mumbai's message might be many things, but one thing it's not: the transformation of the Mayberry Police Dept. into a special commando unit.
- Water-Powered Car Video: GenePax Hydro Car Set for 2010: Japanese company GenePax unveils their water-powered car in this short video demonstration. It runs about an hour at 80 kilometers/hour. They hope to be in production by 2010. [video length: 1:21]
- Is there a bigger tool than TIME's Joe Klein? Klein can't believe that reporters are asking PE Obama "inane" questions?
Watching the Obama rollout of his national security team from overseas--I'm in Europe, on my way to Afghanistan--I was struck by the inanity of most of the questions from my colleagues.
For 22 months, the press asked BHO a steady stream of inane, insipid questions. Why would there be a sudden "Change"? Why is it that MSM reporters always ask questions about their total tool-ness after the fact? Memo to Klein: this would have been a real story if you'd written it in August. Now, it's just another eyebrow-chewing MSM piece written to assure readers--and the reporter--that you're "thoughtful".
- MO's Big Thank You: Michelle’s ring thing.
MMalken: "If Michelle thinks she should receive a present for contributing to the successful Obama campaign, what gift is she getting him for winning it?"
Sometimes, when presented with too much information all at once, the human mind shuts down. The above question makes the mind spin at the possibilities.
- Change to The British System?
Don Surber: "The British government saves money by forgetting to treat Alzheimer’s patients." Free Health Care
- During the campaign, the ObamaBunch cut off access to those asking anything but softball questions. Doesn't look like that's going to "Change!" anytime soon. Don't say America wasn't warned: Change... Obama Continues Boycott of FOX News.
Michael Ramirez, IBD:
SEE ALL, KNOW ALL
- Sounds like the Terminator to us: Pentagon hires British scientist to help build robot soldiers that 'won't commit war crimes'.
Just a guess: It'd be hard to try a robot in a court of law.
- Britain, the Land of the PC - UK: Muslim Prayer Rooms Should Be Offered in Catholic Schools .
"Muslim prayer rooms should be opened in every Roman Catholic school, Church leaders have said. The Catholic bishops of England and Wales also want special toilet facilities in schools to be adapted for Islamic cleaning rituals."
No word if holy water will be used in the footbaths.
- Why do you suppose he didn't do a Gay version of the Koran? Gay Bible Set to Publish: Aida and Eve, Christian “Backlash” Needed
- More Mumbai: Jihad: The War Against Civilization
MEATY LINK FUNK GOODNESS
- Idiots of the Week: December 1, 2008
- Thankful? Four videos that will make anyone swear off getting wrapped up in "World of Warcraft". WoW was the same game that brought the two killers in 2007's Baby Grace murder together.
- Giants are leading, Steelers, Cowboys tied for second at the moment: POLL: Which NFL Team Will Win Super Bowl XLIII
- More money down a rathole: On Bailing out an unsalvageable dinosaur industry.
Either the bailout is about saving companies serious about saving themselves--or it's about saving some cushy jobs both in the front office and on the assembly line.
by Mondo Frazier
images: dbkp file; hot air