December 4 2008
* Russian Warships to Go Through Panama Canal
* The Atlantic Takes Up Obama Citizenship Question
* ChiTrib Runs Obama Citizenship Apologia
* UK school: Christmas celebration, OUT; Eid, IN
* World's Oldest Pot Stash Found
* Pakistan Navy Trained Mumbai Terrorists
* Mumbai Bombers Took Cocaine, LSD Beforehand
* Indians use Truth Serum on Terrorist
* NFL Power Ratings--Week 14
A WORLD OF NEWS
- Remember when it was an American possession? Russian warship to cross Panama Canal.
A Russian warship will sail through the Panama Canal this week for the first time since World War II, the navy announced Wednesday, pushing ahead with a symbolic projection of Moscow's power in a traditional U.S. zone of influence.
Another legacy of the great Jimmy Carter years.
- Not good: We were trained by Pak navy: Captured terrorist.
Azam Amir, the terrorist who was held by the Mumbai Police, has made some striking revelations regarding the Mumbai terror attacks. Azam has disclosed that the Pakistan Navy had trained the terrorists in boating and swimming to carry out the attacks in Mumbai. Azam was arrested on Wednesday from Girgaum Chowpatty in an encounter with the police. Ismail Khan, an accomplice of Amir, reportedly died in the gunbattle.
Obviously, Pakistan's new president needs to get segments of its military under control.
- And how do you suppose the Indian authorities got the information out of Azam Amir? Mumbai police to use truth serum on 'baby-faced' terrorist Azam Amir Kasab.
- MORE MUMBAI. The real drug war might be in India: Mumbai bombers 'took cocaine and LSD' before carrying out attacks. A little buzz before the bombing takes the edge off--or puts it on.
- World's Oldest Pot Stash Found: Huge Stash of Marijuana Found in Ancient Tomb.
An ancient Caucasian people, probably the Indo-European-speaking Yuezhi whose fair-haired mummies keep turning up in Xinjiang province, seem to have buried one of their shamans with a whopping 789 grams of high-potency pot 2,700 years ago.
If that mummy had been caught in Cleveland with 1.75 pounds today, he would face another burial.
- Minneapolis discovery costs Franken 36 votes
Elections officials in Minnesota's largest city today discovered that one precinct came up 133 ballots short of election day totals, resulting in a net loss for Democratic challenger Al Franken of 36 votes.
That negates an earlier pickup of 37 votes for Franken in Maplewood.
- Saxby Hearts Sarah: Chambliss: Palin Key To My Win. Although Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee came into Georgia to help Chambliss, only Sarah Palin went around the state, speaking at four different locations on the final day before the election.
- IS OBAMA's BIRTH CERTIFICATE GOING MSM? Marc Ambinder, The Atlantic, discusses Townhall discussing Obama's citizenship questions: Discourse Watch: Obama's Citizenship A Legit Topic?.
Ambinder: "The birth charge is specious and has been convincingly refuted." Of course, it hasn't, but what else would readers expect Ambinder to write? Much easier to link to snopes and their COLB digital image than to do a bit of independent research on his own.
- The obligatory Chicago Tribune Obama citizenship apologia: Tax activist's ad challenges Obama's eligibility for office
- Hillary Clinton Ineligible: Judicial Watch Announces Hillary Clinton Constitutionally Ineligible to Serve as Secretary of State. Supporters are calling it a "technicality". But aren't all laws?
SEE ALL, KNOW ALL
- Harvard's endowment takes it on the chin. The financial crisis has walloped the lib university to the tune of over $8 billion.
Harvard University's endowment suffered investment losses of at least 22% in the first four months of the school's fiscal year, the latest evidence of the financial woes facing higher education. The Harvard endowment, the biggest of any university, stood at $36.9 billion as of June 30, meaning the loss amounts to about $8 billion. That's more than the entire endowments of all but six colleges, according to the latest official tally.
- Maybe he's gonna write about night life? Meet Slate's New Columnist: Eliot Spitzer.
- HO HO ALLAH AKBAR: School cancels Christmas nativity in favour of Muslim Eid celebrations .
"A primary school has cancelled its Christmas nativity in favour of Muslim festival of Eid celebrations because it would be too much for the children to do both."
- Michelle Goldberg's annoyed at Newt for not signing onto anti-Christian bigotry: Newt Gingrich Hasn't Gotten The Memo.
Who's Goldberg? An author of an upcoming book on "the rise of Christian nationalism". Maybe Goldberg's next book will be the "rise of the Illuminati"?
- Jeb Bush to GOP: Don't Become 'Democrat-Lite': "Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush tells Newsmax that the GOP must broaden its appeal to avoid becoming “the old white-guy party,” and recommends that Republicans create a “shadow government” to engage Democrats on important issues as the incoming Obama administration seeks to enact its agenda."
MEATY LINK FUNK GOODNESS
- Orwellian Airport Security and Brain-fingerprinting Technology
- Offshore Drilling Record Set in Gulf of Mexico
- Bill and Hill's price: Giving up the Con (Always Hurts)
- Community Activist Helps Squatters Infest Other People's Houses: "
Being a community activist is the perfect job for moonbats. With the media behind you, you get can all the way to the White House. Even if you don't, you can have lots of fun helping to dismantle civilization."
- MICHELLE MALKIN: Obama finally lets Fox News ask a question.
- Charlie Weis coming back for 2009 Irish encore: Has Notre Dame finally lowered its standards?
- TOP 3: Giants, Titans, Steelers. Sports Illustrated NFL Power Ratings--Week 14
- Just Go, Plaxico, Just Go: Vacchiano: Giants have had enough of Burress.
by Mondo Frazier
images: dbkp file; hot air