THE TOP TEN MOST POPULAR STORIES at DBKP.com
During 2009--Determined by the readers
A quick look back at 2009's most popular stories as determined by the readers. These are the stories that got the most hits during 2009.
Of the Top Ten stories:
* Six of the ten were actually published in 2008--but were read consistently through 2009. We only counted the number of hits these stories received in 2009. 2008 hits weren't factored in.
* What types of stories made the 2009 list? Politics had three; Celebrities/Entertainment - four; News - one; Human interest/Feature - one; and Humor - one.
* Two of the stories weren't published until December, but pulled in enough hits to make the list in the last 3 weeks of the year. These two stories helped make December our best month of the 2009, traffic-wise.
Also included are 14 "near-misses" to the Top Ten list.
Thanks to all of our readers and writers for a great 2009. We had 1.33 million page views. This was down from 2008's--an election year--1.88 million PVs.
2010 is gonna be a great year at DBKP.
This story originally published, and update, at DBKP.com: Top Ten Most Popular DBKP Articles of 2009
Here's our Top Ten most popular stories of 2009.
- 10. Obama Birth Certificate Federal Lawsuit: Updates, News and Reactions Oct 10, 2008.
- 9. Austrian Father Who Locked Sex Slave Daughter in Basement for 24 Yrs – New Details Emerge - April 28, 2008.
"More details have emerged in the story coming out of Amstettin, Austria, of the father who now admits he locked his daughter in the dungeon like basement of his home for 24 years and that he committed “incest” with her."
- 8. Hundreds Gather In the Snow to Protest Global Warming Dec 19, 2009
"The real victims of global warming" are largely forgotten. Sad.
- 7. Slade Smiley, Gretchen Rossi: Real Housewives of Orange County’s Jetsetting Deadbeat Dad? - Nov 5, 2009
Who pays for school? That would be me, Daddy Warbucks. I want a sugar mama.”
--Slade Smiley, March 10, 2008, Bravo survey posted on Slade Smiley’s MySpace page
It’s Season Five of the Real Housewives of Orange County and it looks as if one of the former reality “stars” of the show is set to make a reappearance. As we’ve yet to see the newest installments, we’re not quite sure in what form Slade Smiley will reappear: Gretchen Rossi’s “good” friend, new boyfriend, or Gretchen’s new “manager”.
- 6. Sarah Palin Quotes: Twenty-Five Memorable Quotes from Her RNC Speech Sept 4, 2008
“The difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull? Lipstick.”
–Sarah Palin, RNC Speech
- 5. Amazing Hand Fabricated Aluminum Corsair and P51 Mustang Aluminum Model Airplanes - Dec 7, 2009
Truly amazing!! Talk about dedication, craftsmanship and patience……….WOW!!
--Rides a Pale Horse
- 4. Real Housewives of Orange County Update: Gretchen Gets Smiley with Slade, Bravo Awards and Casting Calls - April 8, 2009
For those with Real Housewives of Orange County withdrawal symptoms, it’s casting calls for new housewives next season, who was nominated as “Reality’s Guiltiest Pleasure” at Bravo’s A-List awards, and who’s Gretchen Rossi’s new squeeze. Plus, some the “sordid” details the OC housewives kept hidden from viewers while opting to publicly cast aspersions on Gretchen.
- 3. Jeanette Jenkins, Queen Latifah: Celebrity Gay Marriage Announced - June 10, 2008
It didn’t take long for the California Supreme Court’s decision to overturn the Golden State’s ban on gay marriage to alter the celebrity matrimonial landscape.
- 2. Hostage Negotiations: Chinese-Style - March 12, 2008
"Chinese Hostage Negotiations: A Recent Case Study"
- 1. Real Housewives of Orange County: Gretchen’s Tragedy and Glass Houses - Dec 31, 2008
It’s season four of Real Housewives of Orange County with two new additions: 30-yr-old Gretchen Rossi and Lynne Curtain, age unknown. Curtain replaced Lauri Waring Peterson after Peterson opted to drop out of the show when her son was arrested for drug possession.
The near misses (in no particular order) were:
* Four Famous Cult Leaders, Four Different Fates April 20 08
* Casey Anthony Case: The Curious Coincidence of the Heart Shaped Sticker at the Crime Scene and the Heart Photoshopped on Caylee’s Photo - Jan 22 09
* Illegal Immigration Amnesty Bill: Illegals to Qualify for In-State Tuition, Free Attorneys, No Backgrounds Checks, and Permanent Visas - March 19 09
* The Modern Militia Movement Report: Libertarians, Ron Paul Supporters as Potential Domestic Terrorists - March 15 09
* Navy Seal Sharpshooter Pirate Blaster Gun, Mark 11 Model 0, Wins over Army - April 19 09
* Diane Downs, Small Sacrifices Murder Mom, up For Parole - Dec 9 09
* British Dogging It: UK OK with Public Gay Sex - Dec 4 08
* H1N1: Police Hold Down WV Boy During Forced Swine Flu Vaccination - Nov 11 09
* Obama, Bill Ayers, and FactCheck.Org: All Have Ties To Annenberg Foundation -Oct 6 08
* Tiger Woods 4th Mistress: Jaime Jungers and Waiting for Number 5 - Dec 6 09
* April 1st Tax Payer Protest Plans to Send Single Tea Bag to Washington, D.C. - March 11 09
* 1950’s Women’s Lingerie: Girded in Girdles and Armed with Bullet Bras - May 3 09
* Jennifer Moss: The Naked Lady Pictures and Videos - June 18 09
* War on Terror: Marines See Success Implanting Patriot Microchip in Terrorists - July 28 08
It will be interesting to see if any of these are on the 2010 list.
compiled by Mondo
image: DBKP file