Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Nuge, Dude, WTF?


By Little Baby Ginn

(Via Rolling Stone)
Renegade right-winger Ted Nugent recently went on a vicious onstage rant in which he threatened the lives of Democratic presidential candidates Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. Decked out in full-on camouflage hunting gear, Nugent wielded two machine guns while raging, “Obama, he’s a piece of shit. I told him to suck on my machine gun. Hey Hillary,” he continued. “You might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch.” Nugent summed up his eloquent speech by screaming “freedom!”



I viewed the video of Nugent up on the stage, waving his electric guitars around ranting while making crude and obscene remarks about Senator’s Clinton and Obama.

Was he drunk? Was he crazy? Was he crazy drunk? After what I saw I really don’t care what “state” he was in that what I cared about was his behavior. It was worse than childish it was vulgar, crude, and highly inflammatory.

Several have maintained the Nugent did his little nasty rant in order to elicit a “response.”

Just what kind of “response” did he intend to “illicit” by crowing this to the crowd:

“Obama, he’s a piece of shit, and I told him to suck on my machine gun.”

I’ve read that many took this as a direct threat to kill Obama. Was this the “response” he hoped to illicit? My interpretation was that the “machine gun” was a certain vulgar part of Nugent’s anatomy.

Or this one:

“Hey Hillary, you might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch.”

Some have argued that Nugent used a “Free Speech” card. Okay, I can handle that but this doesn’t free him from criticism.

Here is my turn on Free Speech. Someone should get a bar of soap and wash his mouth out. Not once, but several times. He should apologize to Clinton and Obama and retract his “statements.” He needs to realize that what he’s done has dragged the image of rock n roll gun toters back to the ranting knuckledragger stereotype.

The Democrats are angry about this as they have every right to be.
I’m appalled by Nugent’s big fat mouth and equally appalled by those who thought it was just fine.

Read complete story: Nugent to Hillary, Obama: Get Out of My Pool!

DBKP.com - Bigger, Better!.
Back to Front Page.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I like it in here...Lots of room!
    Oh...excuse me.

    The Nuge. Gee, Ted, I bought Dog Eat Dog and Intensities in 10 Cities and loved your unbridled enthusiam for 2nd Amendment rights.

    But now, I'm sad to say this was overkill. Don't much like Shrillary or B. Hussein Obama, but now it looks like I have to defend them from conduct unbecoming a right wing spokesman.

    They're never gonna let you forget it. You'll recover, but your behavior was out of line and over the top.

    But you did prove one thing: the Motor City Madman tag still has some validity after all these years.

    TWO BIG THUMBS DOWN.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your name/nic.
We've changed the comments section to allow non-registered users to comment.
We'll continue like that until it's being abused.
We reserve the right to delete all abusive or otherwise inappropriate comments.