Who is Barack Obama?
The Still Unreleased Obama Records
Why Won't the Press Ask?
Occidental College Records
Columbia University Records
Harvard University Records
University of Chicago Records
Did Obama Even Attend Columbia?
Three days before Election Day 2008 and much of Barack Obama's past remains shrouded in secrecy. The same press that can tell you how much Sarah Palin's shoes cost can't seem to muster any curiosity over large gaps in the Obama narrative.
Indeed, that same MSM press is as intent on hiding information as it is publishing it. [Obama, Khalidi Hidden Video: The Evolution of the LA Times Excuses]
The remaining customers of the LA Times have been treated to the spectacle of the Times making news by not reporting news--a familiar position for the paper.
In July, even though John Edwards was caught at the Beverly Hilton visiting his mistress by reporters from the National Enquirer--and it was confirmed a few days later by Fox News--the LA Times instructed its reporters NOT to write about it on their blogs. [John Edwards-Rielle Hunter Love Child: LA Times Censors Reporters on Story]
So, readers of the LA Times are used to being kept in the dark. The Obama-Khalidi video is just the latest instance of this happening.
ALSO at DBKP: LA TIMES Suppressing the Obama-Khalidi Video
* Obama, Khalidi Hidden Video: The Evolution of the LA Times Excuses
* LA Times Obama-Rashid Khalidi Video: $175,000 Reward Offered for Tape
* Obama-Khalidi Tape: Blogger Obtains Quotes from Hidden Video UPDATED
The Missing Obama Records:
Did Obama Attend Columbia?
An interesting article appeared yesterday at Unqualified Reservations, "Did Barack Obama Go to Columbia?".
Interesting because it speculates that the reason the Obama campaign has not released his Columbia records is--that Barack Obama didn't really attend Columbia.
Perhaps, but not as far-fetched as a candidate getting this far in the political process without the press issuing its normal calls to see records.
My question is: was Barack Obama ever a student at Columbia? Because here's how one scurrilous compendium of racist smears puts it:
Obama graduated from Columbia College in 1983, and after spending a year in New York, moved to Chicago.
Wayne Allyn Root says, "I don't know a single person at Columbia that knows him, and they all know me. I don't have a classmate who ever knew Barack Obama at Columbia. Ever! ... Nobody recalls him. I'm not exaggerating, I'm not kidding.
Questioner: Were you the exact same class?
Root: Class of '83 political science, pre-law Columbia University. You don't get more exact than that. Never met him in my life, don't know anyone who ever met him. At the class reunion, our 20th reunion five years ago, 20th reunion, who was asked to be the speaker of the class? Me. No one ever heard of Barack! Who was he, and five years ago, nobody even knew who he was... the guy who writes the class notes, who's kind of the, as we say in New York, the macha who knows everybody, has yet to find a person, a human who ever met him. Is that not strange? It's very strange...
When asked about his undergraduate training at Columbia University, The New Times states that Obama "declined repeated requests to talk about his New York years, release his Columbia transcript or identify even a single fellow student, co-worker, roommate or friend from those years."
Many of his classmates don't remember Obama. He's not in the yearbook. Columbia couldn't find a picture of him at school.
What can be said with some certainty is that Mr. Obama lived off campus while at Columbia in 1981-83 and made few friends. Fox News contacted some 400 of his classmates and found no one who remembered him.
As the author, Mencius Moldbug, observes: "What is the chance that a budding young politician of undeniable talent and promise spends his junior and senior years at Columbia, and no one remembers him? What is the chance that my right ass cheek, through spontaneous quantum vibration, suddenly transmutes into a hemisphere of polished gold? Don't you feel these probabilities are at least roughly comparable?"
The normal minions of the Obama campaign descended upon the blog, filling the comments section with their usual spammery. But, this article points to one inescapable fact.
If Obama released his Columbia records, such speculation--well-reasoned as it is--simply would not be written. Moldbug could be writing about Obama's re-distributionary policies.
Moldbug asks a few questions that would have been answered already--if Barack Obama had released his Columbia records.
Barack or Barry - note that he is still Barry while at Occidental; at the next place we know he existed, Harvard Law, he has become Barack - spends two years at Columbia. He presumably receives two years worth of college credits. By taking two years worth of college courses.
Furthermore, in every other period of his life, he is known as the gregarious and charismatic young man he obviously was. Nor can his looks be described as ordinary. Nor is even his name ordinary. This man is a future president. And no one remembers him? No one?
The Columbia records are part of a pattern:
- no medical records released to the press;
- no Occidental records released to the press;
- no Harvard University records released to the press;
- no Columbia records released to the press;
- the fight to gain access to the Chicago Annenberg Challenge records;
- no original birth certificate released to the press
There's also another pattern: the press is perfectly satisfied to be kept in the dark. In 2004, CBS News had such a burning desire to see George Bush's service records, they foisted forged documents onto their viewers.
Perhaps that explains why CBS News has exhibited no curiosity to see the unreleased Obama records?
ALSO at DBKP: The Missing Records of Barack Obama
* Obama Records: Obama Medical, College, University, Other Records Still Hidden
* Obama College, Medical, Birth Records: Who is Barack Obama?
* Obama Medical Records: MSM’s Don’t Ask, Obama’s Don’t Tell Policy
* Obama Records: Obama Campaign Still Refuses to Release Medical, Other Records
Barack Obama certainly is a candidate for change. Consider:
- Barack Obama is the first candidate to opt out of public financing--after he promised on national TV he would not--since public financing started in 1976. That's quite a change.
- Barack Obama has not released his college, university or medical records. Obama has released more books (2) than he has records (0). That's also quite a charge.
- Barack Obama showed up in Joe the Plumber's neighborhood; Joe asked Obama a question and Obama's answer reveals an unpleasant fact: Obama wants to "spread (Joe's) wealth around". Obama partisans use state computers to look into Joe's supposedly private records and then leak the info to a lapdog press that publishes and broadcasts it. That's certainly a change.
- A Democrat attorney has to file suit in an attempt to see Barack Obama's birth certificate. The suit was dismissed over the issue of "standing". But the Obama legal team fought the suit instead of showing Obama's original birth certificate.
That's a lot of change.
It would be easy enough to dispel the speculation surrounding the past that shrouds Barack Obama: Obama could release his records from Columbia.
And Occidental College.
And Harvard University.
And his medical records.
And his original birth certificate.
But he won't--and the press won't ask him.
Absent any of these records--which Obama has refused to release--speculation is not only correct, it's to be expected.
Obama has chosen to be a "fill-in-the-blanks" candidate.
Until the Obama records see the light of day, we'll fill in a few of those blanks.
Anyone who disagrees?
They know nothing; they are merely speculating as well.
by Mondo Frazier
image: dbkp file