by Little Baby Ginn & Mondoreb
Does Dan Rather suffer from Narcissistic Personality Disorder? Or is he just insufferable? You be the judge.
Diagnostic criteria for 301.81 Narcissistic Personality Disorder
A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
(1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
(2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
(3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
(4) requires excessive admiration
(5) has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
(6) is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
(7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
(8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
(9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes
So, do any of these fit Dan Rather? You be the judge.
Whether on Larry King or filing a multi-million dollar lawsuit, Dan Rather wants you to feel sorry for him. He was shunned. His self-esteem was damaged by CBS News. Sounds like Dan was the guilty one here. He was guilty of believing all the swill he dished up, newscast by newscast, throughout his years at CBS.
Download a copy of the original court complaint.
DBKP.com - Bigger, Better!.
Death by 1000 Papercuts Front Page.