by Babba Zee
Outraged Spleen of Zion
Allman Brothers ~ Whipping Post
The Washington Post did a total hit piece on this woman.
She's working on a new rule to change the way the government regulates workers' exposure to toxins.
The Post, in the service of the unions and Dems, slammed her on page A1.
U.S. Rushes to Change Workplace Toxin Rules
Political appointees at the Department of Labor are moving with unusual speed to push through in the final months of the Bush administration a rule making it tougher to regulate workers' on-the-job exposure to chemicals and toxins.
The agency did not disclose the proposal, as required, in public notices of regulatory plans that it filed in December and May. Instead, Labor Secretary Elaine L. Chao's intention to push for the rule first surfaced on July 7, when the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) posted on its Web site that it was reviewing the proposal, identified only by its nine-word title.
You'll note the way the writer paints Misir as doing something out of the ordinary, as though she's trying to sneak through a new rule. Note also that they didn't call her for comment before publication.
The Left is about hit-and-run character assassination, and if you claim to be protecting workers, while also exposing the evils of the Bush administration, of course you're not bound by any rules.
My thinking is that it's not worth spending too much effort writing on the Post's comment board itself, because no one's going to sift through hundreds of posts to read them all.
It's better to get things like up on bigger blogs like Michelle Malkin or Free Republic.
Here are some key points to consider:.
1. Contrary to what the Post wrote, the new rule is not secret. It's a draft being reviewed by OMB, then everyone can comment on it once it's released.
2. No one knows what's in it, so the Post printed assumptions based on Deborah's previous comments about the existing process. The new rule will protect workers, but will make the process transparent, and most significantly, risk-based using science and actual facts, rather than faulty assumptions and emotion.
3. An abstract of the new rule can be found here: Requirements for DOL Agencies’ Assessment of Occupational Health Risks
4. They also smeared Deborah for previously being a White House ethics officer, insinuating that she must be a bad person because no one at the Bush White House is ethical. Every government agency has an ethics adviser to ensure compliance with ethics rules, such as accepting gifts, using government resources, speaking in front of certain groups, separating political activities from government service, etc. She was the screener who ensured compliance with ethics rules, and has never been faulted once for an incorrect ruling or advice; rather, she is ridiculed for her careful and ethical work.
The Left-wing bloggers have ripped her apart on this for the last year, even making fun of her last name (Misir is Hindu), usually writing that she was a White House "ethics adviser."
If you ever wonder why good people shy away from public service out of fear of being personally destroyed, here's another example. With her experience (she was previously an appellate lawyer for the Justice Department, arguing cases in front of Federal appellate courts), she could be in a private firm earning $300,000+/year; instead, she's in the trenches fighting for rational policies in industry, and being personally destroyed by the socialist network.
Want more Babba Zee? Check out these recent posts:
* Spleenster "pat" asks: WHO TF is John Templeton, & why should you care?
* EgyptAir forces Islamic prayers on flight out of JFK
by Babba Zee
Source: Example of Why the MSM is the NME
images: Outraged Spleen of Zion