Idiots of the Week: September 27, 2008
[Every week, RightBias publishes Culture Watch, which includes an Idiot of the Week award. However, there's been so many...
TOP IDIOTS OF THE WEEK: Sept. 27, 2008
1. First place winner, hands down, is PETA, People For The Ethical Treatment of Animals. After hearing of a Swiss restaurant that started using human breast milk in their soups and sauces, PETA sent a letter to Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to start using breast milk in their ice cream products. Yum.
2. Unfortunately, this idiot terrorist is unable to savor his award. As he was mindlessly lobbing bombs and chanting Allah Akbar, he accidentally blew himself up. (Warning: graphic video) I wonder if he finally got those 72 virgins he was promised.
4. Also, in the eco-idiots category: Bette Midler, who cancelled her latest tour in order to save the planet. The aging 62 year-old diva felt the fleet of 14 trucks she used to ship her show from city to city caused too much pollution. I'm sure low ticket sales had nothing to do with her decision.
5. A Michigan Court of Appeals deserves a place on our list for ruling that a man who pleaded no contest to sodomizing a sheep doesn't have to register as a sex offender. Would someone please let PETA know.
6. The winner of last week's top idiot award is back. Democrat VP candidate Joe Biden stated on CBS Evening News, "When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened.'" Only problem is, FDR wasn't president during the 1929 crash, Herbert Hoover was. Oh, and there was no television in 1929. Duh.
7. Former American Idol star Clay Aiken gets our Idiot Parent of the Week award. Clay was pictured in People Magazine holding his infant son as he announced to the world that he is gay. Clay threw in some advice on parenting, stating, "I cannot raise a child to lie or hide things." Another example of idiots transforming bad behaviour into moral-self righteousness. Bravo.
8. Kudos to the idiot who managed to rack up nearly $2 million in traffic fines before being caught by Brazilian police.
9. Last, but not least, is the idiot former judge who was disbarred by the Oklahoma Supreme Court last Tuesday. His crime? He actually got caught, and served prison time, for using a sexual device while presiding over trials. Hey, maybe some lawyers just complained about how hard it was to get a rise out of him. Ya think?
Thought for the week: To err is human, but being an idiot takes something special.
by Nancy Morgan
RightBias publishes the Top Idiots Awards every Monday.
This article may be reprinted, with attribution to RightBias.com