Was Obama born in Kenya?
Is Obama a "natural-born" citizen, as per the U.S. Constitution?
Is Something "Big" About to Break in this Story?
UPDATES at the end of the story to follow at DBKP.com
Obama Birth Certificate: WND, Kenya and African Press Internatl
UPDATE #1 - working
Questions Surrounding the Constitutional Eligibility
Of Barack Obama Heats Up
Is something big about to break in the Obama birth certificate story?
The questions surrounding the constitutional eligibility of Barack Obama to serve as U.S. president continue. After abating a bit immediately prior and after the election two weeks ago, more information has surfaced which has returned the issue to the blogosphere.
The Mainstream Media not only blacked out the issue after June 2008, they actually contributed to the Obama's campaign effort to cast anyone with questions about Obama and the many missing pieces of his past as "smear merchants" and "rumor-mongers".
Three items, in particular, have caught our attention:
ALSO at DBKP:
The Obama Birth Certificate Questions
* Obama Birth Certificate Forgery Story Heats up at World Net Daily
* Obama Birth Certificate, Citizenship: SCOTUS Conference Scheduled for Dec 5
* Obama Records: Obama Campaign Still Refuses to Release Medical, Other Records
* Obama Birth Certificate: Ruling in Berg v. Obama Expected In Next Two Days- UPDATED
* Obama Birth Certificate Lawsuit: Obama, DNC Fail to Respond-UPDATED
* Washington Man Files Lawsuit over Obama Citizenship Questions
* Obama College, Medical, Birth Records: Who is Barack Obama?
* Obama Birth Certificate Federal Lawsuit: Video Released On YouTube
* Obama Birth Certificate Federal Lawsuit: Updates, News and Reactions
* Obama Birth Certificate Federal Lawsuit: The Curious Behavior of the Obama Campaign
* Obama, Bill Ayers, and FactCheck.Org: All Have Ties To Annenberg Foundation
- World Net Daily has really ramped up their coverage of the Obama birth certificate issue today. WND's front page contains almost nothing else but stories on the matter. Such as:
* Rathergate II: Certification of Live Birth a clear forgery
* Proofin' the prez: Who's in charge? Constitutional lawyer says electors have duty to investigate citizenship
* Obama's birthplace heats up Liddy show
* Is he or isn't he? The debate over Obama's eligibility
World Net Daily is the home to Dr. Jerome Corsi, author of Obama Nation, and a visitor to Kenya who was ejected from the country quickly upon arriving weeks ago.
Does World Net Daily have something that it is about to break on this story?
We don't know. But we notice things.
- The Kenyan Ambassador.
Earlier today we provided a link to a video of the Kenyan ambassador stating that Barack Obama's birthplace in Kenya is already getting plenty of visitors since he became president. [MORNING INTELL: Kenya, Iran, Israel, PC Nazis, Natalie Holloway]
This slip--or not--of the tongue, combined with Justice Clarence Thomas' conference scheduled for December 5 on Denofrio v. Wells, has added fuel to the Obama citizenship fire. [Obama Birth Certificate, Citizenship: SCOTUS Conference Scheduled for Dec 5]
Today, WND published another article claiming to debunk the Certificate of Live Birth which the Obama campaign featured on its fightthesmears.com site. [Rathergate II: Certification of Live Birth a clear forgery] From the WND piece by Janet Porter:
It's Rathergate all over again with more amiss than a 1970s Selectric typewriter. But before I tell you what the experts found, let me ask you a few questions:
1. If you were a natural born American citizen and had it within your means to quiet all the lawsuits and questions with proof, would you do it?
2. If you were a natural born American citizen, would you spend thousands of dollars to fight the legal cases against you, or would you simply answer the legitimate question of whether you meet the constitutional requirements for office?
3. If you were a natural born American citizen, would you forge a document called a "Certification of Live Birth" and tell the public it was a real "birth certificate"?
If someone were to violate the law by manufacturing a forgery in order trick the public, would that be enough evidence for members of Congress to conduct hearings and for a court to issue an order for the critical records, including the original long-form birth certificate (signed by the doctor) to ensure that the U.S. constitutional requirements for office were not violated? After all, Congress is sworn to uphold and defend that Constitution, and the justices on the U.S. Supreme Court are "guardians" of the Constitution. That's their job, isn't it?
These are much the same questions that others, as well as DBKP, have been asking. In fact, in Obama Birth Certificate Federal Lawsuit: The Curious Behavior of the Obama Campaign, we observed:
Quiz time for DBKP readers.
Let's say you're a Democrat and let's say you're running for president of the United States.
You're a likable guy and are doing well--the New York Times and AP think you're peachy--but there have been whispers of whether or not you are constitutionally qualified.
A prominent Democrat files suit in Federal court asking you to provide proof, to settle the matter once and for all.
What do you do?
- A. Provide the court with the three documents in question and go back to shaking hands, making promises and smiling for the cameras.
- B. Provide images of one of the documents to a friendly website to post, but not to the court.
- C. Ignore the request, then make a motion to dismiss the case, in lieu of providing the proof.
- D. In the meantime, quietly, post a notice at your website, FighttheSmears.com that you had dual citizenship with Kenya.
- E. Hire the top gun attorney from the Council of American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) to fight the case.
- F. File a Joint Motion for Protective Order to Stay Discovery Pending a Decision on the Motion to Dismiss (which was) filed on 09/24/08, thereby putting the matter off until--hopefully--after the election.
Time's up. What do you do?
Most readers sensibly chose A.
But, if you're Barack Obama, you chose answers B, C, D, E and F.
A curious response for a campaign interested in "fighting the smears".
Suffice it to say: not everyone bought into the Certificate of Live Birth explanation by the campaign. But more proof was needed because Obama wasn't allowing anyone to see his original "vault" copy of his birth certificate for some unknown reason.
- African Press International is preparing for, what they claim will be the airing of the Michelle Obama phone conversation that they claimed they had with her on October 15.
API claims that Ms. Obama raises citizenship issues with the African Press International correspondent on the phone call. The release and airing of the audio tape of that phone call is reported to be imminent.
We could write much about the API situation, but will hold off a while longer.
But perhaps, not too much longer.
We've given our reasons for holding out the belief that African Press International's version of the Michelle Obama phone call was true. The reasons are outlined in several of the links below.
ALSO at DBKP:
African Press International and Michelle Obama
* African Press International, Michelle Obama Tapes: Fox News Denies Story
* African Press International, Michelle Obama: API Says Discussions with Fox News Are Happening
* African Press International, Michelle Obama Phone Call: Tapes Released Later Today
* Michelle Obama Calls African News Organization Over Obama Birth Certificate Reporting - UPDATED
* African Press International, Michelle Obama: Editor Says He Has Audio Tape of Conversation
* African Press International: Open Letter to Michelle Obama from API Chief Editor
So what's the scoop? Why all of the attention all of a sudden on the Obama birth certificate--especially from World Net Daily, which has had the resources to pursue the story.
WND also has had something going for it in this story that the MSM didn't: the desire to to uncover the truth.
Is something big going to break in this story in the next 24-48 hours?
We do not know for sure. But we do notice things.
We have continued--even after African Press International didn't air their tapes previously--to follow and monitor the story. We still have many nagging doubts over an issue that could be settled quite quickly and easily: the release of the original Obama birth certificate.
But it hasn't been.
Like World Net Daily, we've remained suspicious and quietly pursued whatever leads we had. Many were dead ends. Some remain promising.
We try to verify everything we report. When something is a rumor, we report it. When we have access to information that we can't publish, but feel we're on the right trail, we'll report it to the best of our ability.
If we report something and the source turns out to be a false one, we'll report that also.
We respect our readers' ability to make judgments for themselves. Some will agree, some will disagree.
That's called a discussion and it's healthy.
It's also something not often found in the MSM.
Is something big going to break in the Obama birth certificate story in the next 24-48 hours?
We do not know for sure.
But we do notice things.
by Mondo Frazier
images: dbkp file