Thirty Quotes from the John Edwards Love Child Scandal.
Actually, there's 31.
We gave you one to grow on.
* "Rielle told me she had a secret affair with Edwards. When she found out that she was pregnant, she said he was the father."
--unnamed friend of Rielle Hunter, who supplied the National Enquirer with emails and tapes of phone messages of the one-time producer of webisodes for the Edwards campaign.
* "I did not cheat on my sick wife."
--November 29 Headline at Jossip
* "I've come to the conclusion I just want the country to see who I really am."
--John Edwards, earlier this year, in one of the Reille Hunter-produced videos.
* "[Rielle Hunter] lingers over the former senator's behind as he tucks a starched white shirt into his pants."
--September 29, Overlawyered - John Edwards and Rielle Hunter
* "...an ostensibly jaded, cocaine-addled, sexually voracious 20-year old."
--Jay McInerney on Rielle Hunter
* "I think if when the baby is born its first words are not "Wahhhhhhhhh" but "I'm gonna sue" that would be good evidence of Edwards' involvement."
--Classical Values - The Life of Rielle
* "John Edwards is pro-abortion....so what's the problem?"
--Comment left by Satan on DBKP's "Who Is Rielle Hunter?"
* "What the tabloid's readers, in politics and out, may not know is that a key owner of the Enquirer is a prominent New York investment banker and one of Hillary Clinton's key backers, Roger Altman. Altman was an official in the first Clinton administration, and his name is often mentioned as a possible Clinton Treasury Secretary."
--Politico - The Clintonite Who Owns the National Enquirer
* "I think that, as you point out, there have been American presidents that at least according to the ... stories we've all heard, that were not faithful, that were in fact good presidents. So I don't think it controls the issue."
--John Edwards, asked by Katie Couric on CBS Evening News about infidelity
* "Jonathan Prince [from the Edwards campaign] offered to let me and my editor, Tom Edsall, watch the videos - apparently unaware that at one point his campaign claimed not to have access to them."
--Sam Stein,in The Huffington Post, on the videos produced by Rielle Hunter for John Edwards that mysteriously became "unavailable".
* "Nope. Not a chance."
--Hunter's partner in Midline Groove Productions, when asked by Sam Stein about whether they could talk off the record about the production process of videos Hunter did for the Edwards campaign.
* "You don't even know who I am!"
--Former Edwards campaign staffer, Andrew Young, to National Enquirer's reporter who asked him why Hunter was living in Young's gated community in a house owned by an Edwards' backer.
* "Rielle told me that she remains in phone contact with John, but can't see him for obvious reasons."
--National Enquirer's unnamed source
* "I have no idea who you're talking about."
--Rielle Hunter, when asked if she was Rielle Hunter by an Enquirer reporter
* "Why does a woman quit supporting herself and move several states away, just because she's pregnant?"
--DBKP's Little Baby Ginn
* “Rielle told me while Andrew Young is a friend, she’s not romantically involved with him. Rielle says he’s been responsible for finding her a place to live and even getting her a car to drive."
--National Enquirer's unnamed source, about the statement issued by Young's lawyer that Young was the father of Hunter's unborn child.
* "There’s a rumor circulating that this story was leaked by the Edwards campaign to make Johnny seem more masculine and less gay."
--B4B - Silky Pony Say it Ain't So
* "The fact that I am expecting a child is my personal and private business. This has no relationship to nor does it involve John Edwards in any way. Andrew Young is the father of my unborn child."
--Rielle Hunter, in a statement issued by her lawyer
* "What compelled Rielle Hunter, supposedly a woman who did a little bit of work for the Edwards' campaign that was finished in December 2006, move to within 5 miles
of Edwards' campaign HQ in 2007?"
* "The story is false. It's completely untrue, ridiculous. Anyone who knows me knows that I have been in love with the same woman for 30 plus years."
--John Edwards, October 30, 2007 - in response to the first Enquirer story
* "The innuendos and lies that have appeared on the Internet and in the National Enquirer concerning John Edwards are not true, completely unfounded and ridiculous."
--Rielle Hunter, in a statement issued through MyDD.com, a pro-Democratic Web site
* "I have no idea what you are talking about."
--Hunter, when asked by Enquirer reporter on why she'd moved into the home of an Edwards' backer within 5 miles of Edwards' campaign headquarters.
* "I have no idea what you're talking about."
--Hunter, when asked by Enquirer reporter on her relationship with Edwards
* "Andrew Young is the father of Ms. Hunter's unborn child."
--Statement issued by Young's attorney
* "I don't know any Rielle Hunter."
--Andrew Young, when asked by an Enquirer reporter about Hunter, who lives in a house in the same gated community. Young also insists he is the father of Hunter's unborn child.
* "If you have an alternate explanation for a scandal, you don't take 24 hours to offer that explanation, let alone days or weeks."
--Unnamed political insider, when asked about the various explanations coming from the Edwards campaign
* "If Young was having the affair with Hunter, would he move his mistress in just blocks away from his family?"
--Rob Port, The Edwards Affair
* "Former Edwards campaign Director of Operations, Andrew Young, gives Open Marriage advocates something to cheer about."
--DBKP's Little Baby Ginn
* "I'll make it up when I get there."
--John Edwards to Rielle Hunter about his Intro to a speech; heard on Hunter-produced videos which disappeared two weeks before the Enquirer's first story on the Edwards-Hunter relationship in October. The videos, which cost the Edwards campaign $114,000 and were made to "show America the real John Edwards", reappeared recently on YouTube.
* "And no one has denied the source's information that Rielle has been in phone contact with Edwards since finding out she is pregnant."
--National Enquirer - John Edwards Love Child Scandal
* "..in love with John, but it's "difficult because he is married and has kids."
--Rielle Hunter email in National Enquirer's possession.
DBKP.com - Bigger, Better!.
Death by 1000 Papercuts Front Page.